PubClear is for researchers using Mission Hospital data AND with GME researchers.
All research done with Mission Data requires clearance before dissemination of results.
- If your research does not use Mission Hospital data, you don’t need PubClear.
- If your research does use Mission data but does not include GME researchers, please see External Data Release (page under construction).
What PubClear is…
PubClear (Publication Clearance) is an HCA process to review Mission Hospital/HCA Healthcare publications before external dissemination. PubClear looks for legal issues (e.g. PHI, copyright, etc.), privacy issues (e.g. HIPAA), and publications that may impact service line policies and practices.
You must receive PubCLEAR approval before releasing any information outside of Mission Hospital/HCA Healthcare, including but not limited to:
- research abstracts
- submissions to peer-reviewed journals, professional society journals and/or blogs
- poster presentations
- live or recorded presentations, and
- any public dissemination of Mission Hospital/HCA Healthcare data.
What PubCLEAR isn’t….
- Permission to do research
- Peer review of your product
- An endorsement of your product’s results
- A retroactive approval of products already released
How long does clearance take?
Initial review can take up to 30 days. Time to final approval is not guaranteed.
PubClear on Scholarly Commons website
Scholarly Commons (portal to submit PubClear submissions)
Links for PubClear
PLEASE NOTE: LINKS ONLY WORK WHEN CONNECTED TO THE MAHEC NETWORK EITHER ON-SITE OR CONNECTED VIA VPN (Global Protect)! THIS ENSURES THE PRIVACY OF THE LINKED DOCUMENTS.
Scholarly Commons PubClear Guide (HCA how-to instructions, including guide to expediting PubClear process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for PubClear
IMPORTANT! You must add your HCA GME Division Research Director (DRD) as last author for communication purposes. Reference Using PubClear for MAHEC Research for more details
- SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT A DRD AS AN AUTHOR WILL BE SENT BACK WITHOUT REVIEW.
- This is NOT for true authorship purposes.
- Research Directors need to stay in the loop about products in their divisions.
ALL submissions should include the following disclaimer VERBATIM:
This research was supported (in whole or in part) by HCA Healthcare and/or an HCA Healthcare affiliated entity. The views expressed in this publication represent those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of HCA Healthcare or any of its affiliated entities.
You need to include the following comment in your PubClear submission:
The non-standard poster template is for Dr. Awesome’s GME program through Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC).
You must have an account on HCA Scholarly Commons to submit to PubClear. You do not need an HCA 3-4 ID to submit to PubClear.