Technology Governance Committee
- Felicia Hipp
- Cindy Ireland
- Chris Jury
Submit a Request
When submitting a request, the following form parameters must be answered:
- Describe the opportunity for improvement.
- Are you aware of other departments that are having the same experience?
- What other departments might benefit?
- How many individuals would be affected?
- Will this require changes to existing software?
- Will this require workflow changes?
- If implemented, what is the estimated savings?
- If implemented, what are patient benefits?
- Do you have a sense of the cost and budget?
- Have you already looked at solutions?
- If so, please list them.
- Is this associated with a grant or other initiative?
Steering Committee Discussion
The requestor or department representative to present and include:
- Impact & Benefits
- Financial Assessment
- Labor Assessment
- Build versus Buy Assessment
- Build – Time & Complexity
- Buy – Cost, Staff, Consultants
- Deeper Cost Discovery
- Data Implications
- Security Implications
- Hardware & Maintenance Implications
- Workflow & Training Assessment
Go or No Go
- Organizational Feasibility
- Disruption versus Value
- Change Management Implications
- Recognized Benefit
- Impact to Current Budget
- Impact to Existing Projects
- Resource Availability
- Informatics and/or Development Personnel
- Clinical Department(s) Personnel
- Recurring Costs
Regular Updates to Steering Committee
- Establish a Project Plan
- Updates at Each Steering Committee Meeting
- Significant Changes Since Last Update